Yesterday, February 23, 2011 Google made another change to AdWords, if you’re unaware of the other changes made by Google make sure you check out Rethink Your Ad Writing: Google’s Display URL and Headline Changes. The new change lets you choose to rotate your ads showing the ones that are expected to provide more ….
Previously you only had two options:
- Optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks
- Rotate: Show ads more evenly
Before most people would use optimize for clicks, unless you were running tests on your ads, but now you can choose to show ads that are expected to provide more conversions more often.
With this new setting it becomes even more important to make sure that you either have conversion tracking on your site or your Google Analytics and Google AdWords linked together. We suggest still implementing conversion tracking since you’ll be able to see data, such as: total conversion value on your AdWords dashboard.
Since we’re notorious for testing all new AdWords settings and applications available to us through AdWords we’ll make sure to monitor the success and/or failure of this new feature.
If you need help getting to this setting follow these steps:
- Choose a campaign
- Select the “Settings” tab in the top navigation
- Scroll down to Advanced settings
- Select “Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping”
- Select “Optimize for conversions: Show ads expected to provide more conversions”
If you need help setting this up, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help you with your AdWords account.